Thursday, February 12, 2015

Why you ask.


It’s just another day, another hour gone by,
You find yourself chasing the clouds,
And there’s only so much you can try.
When Destiny holds the key to the future,
How can you ask why?

It’s just another night, another hour gone by,
 I look for signs, willing them from up high
Tears escape my eyes as your words cut too deep
Where did I go wrong? Did I never try?

It’s just another day, another hour gone by,
Your blue skies fade to grey,
And the magic slips through your fingers,
Nothing is built to last and the ruins lie in your eyes.

It’s just another night, another hour gone by,
I knock on Heaven’s door to no reply
The hurt won’t pass and there’s no place to hide.
The door closes on Forever and it’s a sad goodbye.

It’s been days, it’s been nights, and the hours tick by,
Reflections start to lie leaving us no name.
Who are you? Who am I?
Have we reached the end of the line?

Do you still ask why?

No comments:

Post a Comment